Welcome To My Fighter Blog

Please come back often for training updates, fight news etc I made this so my friends, fans, family and opponents could keep track of my rode to a successful MMA career. Make sure you visit my Official Website as well www.FightJim.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The night before weigh ins

This is always a tough night i think for most fighters. They usually have to cut a lot of water weight and really cut back on food. Lucky for me my weight is great and im ready to weigh in. I felt that I was very disciplined with myself over the last 8 weeks. As soon as I found out I had a fight I knew it was time to start changing my eating habbits. I feel that weight cutting is one of the most important aspects of fighting. If you don't do it properly you could be doomed before you even walk into the ring. If you do it right then you will feel like a new man the day of the fight. I always make sure I stay really hydrated leading up to the fight by drinking a gallon of water a day and even two gallons up to a few days before weigh ins. This to me makes cutting weight a lot easier because when it's time to sweat out the water weight it just flows right out of me. There is a lot to the dieting aspect that I don't think I even have to perfection yet but I'm learning with every fight. Now after weigh ins it's all about carbing back up and rehydrating. A fighter should keep doing this up to the time he has to show up to the arena. Well now it's just the waiting game till I weigh in. If you have any questions about how I make weight or how I gain it back for the fight feel free to message me. 5-0 here I come

No comments:

Post a Comment